This simple bookkeeping spreadsheet can be used to record receipts and payments for up to 100 transactions and produces a summary of receipts and payments at the end of the accounting period.
Simple Bookkeeping Spreadsheet Free Download
Keeping bookkeeping records is a requirement for any small business. It is crucial that records are kept in good order and that financial information is prepared on time and easily understood.
Start your bookkeeping today by downloading our FREE simple bookkeeping spreadsheet in Excel format by subscribing to our mailing list using the quick form below.
Using the Free Bookkeeping Spreadsheet
The Excel simple bookkeeping spreadsheet keeps a record of receipts and payments transactions for an accounting period, and automatically produces a summary receipts and payments statement based on these transactions. The simple bookkeeping spreadsheet is used as follows:
- Delete the example name, period, and transactions. Switch to the bookkeeping spreadsheet tab, and highlight the completed example cells (Row 7 onwards) and delete the contents. Do not include any cells in column N when trying to delete as this column contains protected cells.
- Enter the business name and accounting period. The accounting period would normally be one month, but can be any period appropriate to the business.
- Enter the expense payments categories. There are nine expense payments categories, phone, mobile etc. These can be renamed by highlighting the cell and entering the new name.
- Enter transactions. For each transaction enter the date, reference, description, and amount under the appropriate column heading. The simple bookkeeping spreadsheet will automatically total the expense payments for a particular transaction and also provide totals for each category for the accounting period.
- Switch to the accounts summary tab. The accounts summary tab will show a summary of the receipts and payments for the period together with a net receipts total.
Unlocked Premium Version
All purchases are made subject to our Terms and Conditions.
Features of the Premium Version
|Receipt type columns||3||1|
|Payment type columns||20||9|
What Happens Next?
The Buy Now button will take you to the PayPal website to complete your purchase. If you do not have a PayPal account you will have an option to pay by debit or credit card. Your purchase will appear on your account under the heading “DP DOWNLOADS”. After you’ve completed your payment, PayPal will automatically return you to our website downloads page, where you can retrieve your file.
What Happens if there are Problems Downloading?
Don’t worry, if you have any problems downloading the file simply contact us with your name and payment reference, and we will email you a link to the file.
Users use this Excel accounting spreadsheet at their own risk. We make no warranty or representation as to its accuracy and we are covered by our Terms and Conditions, which you are deemed to have read. This is an example of a free bookkeeping spreadsheet template that you might use to record accounting transactions. It is purely illustrative of small business bookkeeping software. This is not intended to reflect general standards or targets for any particular company or sector. If you do spot a mistake in the simple accounting spreadsheet, please let us know and we will try to fix it.